Thursday, June 10, 2010

lovely homes i wish i had!

of late i've been obsessing over home design blogs. I can't help it! my dad is an interior designer and i've definitely inherited that gene! i just oogle over the perfectly made up houses and think, now i could do that! alas, living with 4 other housemates complicates things just a tad...we all have our own styles and no one can agree on anything. so right now our house is, to be positive, organized at best! we do try...
what a gorgeous entryway...i'm all about making a statement at the entryway to set the mood for the entire house.

this is a bit cluttered for my taste, but i had to post the amazzzzzzing japanese inspired peacock panels. i love boids haha

did i say i love birds? because i love birds. these two birdcage lanterns are the most brilliant ideas. ever.

just a pretty pattern! with...more birds! gaaaahaha

wallpaper really does add so much character to a room, and also makes decorating a cinch. it's a little pricey for me and also can be a pain to put up and take down. but when it's done right, oh how lovely it looks!

i feel there's nothing that makes a home feel welcome like flowers. so cheerful and endearing :)

1 comment:

  1. I like the front door int the first picture, the sofa in the second. For the third picture I think it would be cool it they were real birds. Than I like the blue in the material. Wallpaper not sure about, last but not least I love flowers, but the vase's are great!
    There you have it! Love u mumsie

    ReplyDelete